Monday, January 19, 2009

Week 2: 36 Points

That's right. I doubled my score. Excellent! Still only 72%, but given last week's abysmal 18 points, I'll take it. There were a few areas I know I can do better, but there are also a few that will be much harder in the weeks to come when school and work start back up. Here's the break down for this week:

Relationship: 5/5
Nothing more to be said. I got everything done. Yay!

Home: 3/5
Not bad, but still not great. As I mentioned before, I cleaned the baseboards and counted that as cleaning a room. Saturday, I emptied out our garage and threw stuff away, organized, put things back very orderly, etc. I even washed the floor and scrubbed the baseboards and walls of the garage. I wish I had taken a before and after pic, but I didn't think of it until everything was laying in my front yard, and I wasn't about to put it all back just for a before shot. The only points I missed here were those for walking the dogs. I did it twice, but the third time didn't come until yesterday (Sunday). Unfortunately, that means that I lost 2 points last week. Luckily, since my weeks start on Sunday, I already have a third of my dog walking done this week! I'll probably have to fit in another round today, since I am about to leave for the week (school starts tomorrow).

Diet/Health: 14/17
Much, much, much better. The only points I missed here were for 2 fruits and 3 vegetables and for eating fish twice a week. I had a fish and shrimp dish at P.F. Chang's last week and took the leftovers home. But I ate all the seafood out of it before leaving the restaurant, because it's generally not that good leftover. So I didn't get to count it as a second fish meal when I had the leftovers for lunch the next day. Oh well. 14/17's not too bad. Incidentally, the 8 glasses of water has indeed become easier, as my mom said it would. Also, I managed a full 8 hours of sleep per night last week! Unfortunately, I don't give myself bonus points for going above and beyond, but I sure feel rested (if a little under the weather this week from allergies).

Exercise: 6/7
I couldn't make my weight limit. I was 164.4 Saturday, above the 162.9 it would have taken to make it under the cutoff. Better luck this week. I did get all of my running and crunches in, though. I was a bit sore, but now I'm feeling a lot better.

Self-Improvement: 3/9
Still needs some work. There were no compliments this week. I didn't spend much time around strangers, having spent the majority of the week next to my phone waiting to hear back about job offers (I got one; should hear back from the rest this week). And although I did get one compliment ("This is the coolest coffee mug I've ever seen!"), I didn't count it. My coffee cup can add that to its list. I also lost points for not finding a moment to stand up for myself (though I have already scored those points for this week -- more later) and for taking the easy way out (I think for walking my dogs just to the mailbox and counting it as a walk, but I don't honestly remember. The bitch of that is that I didn't even get the points for walking the dogs).

Mind: 5/7
No manual dexterity (I wanted to play my guitar but didn't get a chance) or news watching. I watched everyday but forgot on Sunday of all days. Points lost. Other than that, not too bad.

On another note, Lesli tells me that my comments are broken. I'll try to get that sorted out. For now, I'm off to eat some breakfast and spend some time with Meredith before she goes to work. School starts tomorrow . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment