Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jobs & Game Improvement

I'm really on edge right now. I've been in (post high) school for 12 years now, and it feels like an eternity. English degree. Law degree. Electrical engineering degree. I'm so ready to be done. I've had four interviews in the past few weeks, and every one of them should theoretically let me know any day this week. I say theoretically because they all said they "hope" to let me know this week.

I don't know whether I should be more excited or more worried as the days pass. On the one hand, if they haven't let me know yet then they haven't rejected me yet. On the other hand, most of these kinds of jobs will call you if you're hired and send you a letter if you aren't. Letters take longer to reach a recipient than a phone call. My stomach has been in knots this week, I have two simultaneous fever blisters, and now there's blood in my stool (sorry). My wife will tell you, I NEVER stress about anything, so this has her slightly freaked out. It's just weird that after all this time, I may know where I'm going to be living and what I'm going to be doing for the next several years (at least) within a few minutes of any moment. Crazy.

On a brighter note, my game is going much better this week already. I've worked out, gotten extra sleep, read, and walked my dogs. And it's only Tuesday! I should be good for those categories this week, as I'm staying in San Antonio chilling at the house all week. I forgot to watch the news on Sunday, so that's out, and I've missed 2 fruits and 3 vegetables each day so far (by one or the other; never both). I'm guessing a few other things will fail by the end of the week, but as long as I improve on my 18 from last week, I'll feel pretty decent! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment