Monday, January 5, 2009

Rocky Start

Sunday went well. I started off strong, keeping on pace for the week in most of my categories. Monday came. I've already lost points for the week. I went to a job interview today and then spent the afternoon traveling. I didn't fit my 2 fruits and 3 vegetables in. I went 1 and 2. Not good enough. Points lost. I also haven't run or stretched this week. I'll need to catch up, which will be hard since I'm traveling to more interviews the rest of the week.

Incidentally, drinking 8 glasses of water is much harder than it seems. Especially when you don't think to start until 4:00 PM. I spent all yesterday afternoon having to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. I felt so waterlogged when I went to bed, then had to get up twice during the night to go. Today, I started earlier, but the interviews and traveling limited my drinking time. I feel bloated right now and have to go to the bathroom again in a minute. My mom (who is a nurse) and my dad (a surgeon) tell me that the constant peeing will subside once my body gets used to the increase in water intake. Ultimately, it will be a good thing. Right now it's annoying.

On a brighter note, I have already had salad for lunch, one fish meal, and no red meat, so I'm on track for a few points there this week. My interview tomorrow includes lunch at a seafood place, so I'm going to lock down some points right away.

In the "Whoa, that was awesome" category, my interview today ended with a Lear Jet ride back home on the law firm's private plane. My car was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs when I arrived. Awesome.

Back to the Fiesta Bowl. Hook em!

No comments:

Post a Comment